Monday, February 15, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Mixer fixer was/Controversy



Ran out of $$ so have not finished. Need to as summer is coming on and have about 2 ton of CB stacked up waiting to be mixed.

--- On Tue, 2/16/10, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Mixer fixer was/Controversy
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 12:55 AM

 
Pat, how's that new tow mixer working for ya, got any pictures? There use to be a couple of dumpseter at the Elk City Civic Center for newspaper only, don't know if they are still there or not.

--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, Pat B Parham <texasweldinginspect or@...> wrote:
>
> The two local WalMart's I go to will not let anyone get or even buy their bundled paper. If you want some you have to come there at 11:30 PM and they will let you have that night's supply. Getting there but SLOW.
>
> --- On Sat, 2/13/10, JUDITH WILLIAMS williams_judith@ ... wrote:
>
>
> From: JUDITH WILLIAMS williams_judith@ ...
> Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: Mixer fixer was/Controversy
> To: "papercreters papercreters" papercreters@ yahoogroups. com
> Date: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 6:03 PM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> First of all, I'm happy to know the "oil in the differential" thing is not a big deal. If my mixer is good for another 4 years that's OK with me.
>
> It's interesting that sourcing paper is an ongoing concern. I asked if a bin could be put at the local landfill for people to put newpapers in. The woman in charge said NO. It would be too much responsibility for them!  So I've been getting bales of cardboard from behind Walgreen's. That's OK. You get a large amount and it's all baled for you so it's easy to handle, although heavy.
>
> What I have been thinking about is the easiest way to get approval for papercrete as infill. I have the possibliity of buiding a house for someone this summer. It would have to be permitted. What I've been thinking of doing for expediency's sake is to make up a mix with the cellulose insulation. My reasoning is that it is already accepted and has a fire rating. If that is used along with a small amount of cement and some pumice or perlite I would have a better chance of acceptance. Since someone else will be paying for materials I could just figure it into the cost.  I have spoken with the owner of an inulation company who will give me a considerable discount if I buy a large quantity. So I plan to do some sample batches to see how it goes.
>
> I also think it is important to work on code approval. I personally am not an attention to detail person so do not keep good records of how I do things. I know I need to improve in this area. I am interested to know what would be involved in getting it approved. Are we talking here about load bearing papercrete? I know there are at least 2 houses in NM built with papercrete as infill, the frame being welded steel. Code officials were very positive which is an encouragement. I am working up the initiative to start talking to them in anticipation of the summer projects.
>
>
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>
> Check out my new papercrete blog http://www.papercre tebyjudith. com/blog and leave me a comment.
>
> Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo. com/papercreteby judith
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> Join me
>
>
>
> w Members 4
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
>
> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
>
>
> .
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___