Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: OT Solar Design T-square and clam shaped reflectors



Until it was suggested that the solar oven discussion was more appropriate elsewhere, all the references were to cob. Perhaps I missed some initial postings that talked about using papercrete for this design. Then after there were a couple of people who mentioned that it was off topic, there was a suggestion that maybe papercrete could be used at some future time after all the design was done. So yeah, if you're using papercrete to make a solar oven then it becomes about papercrete. If you're using cob to make a solar oven, then it's about cob and solar ovens. I like solar ovens and have been a member of solar oven discussion groups, that doesn't mean they need to be discussed here. I make geodesic domes, and cover them with papercrete. Should I post about dome design on this group, or keep that at Geodesic Science & Alternative Structures? If we open the group up to discussion about anything, then it becomes an anything group and not a papercrete group.

Your post mentioned papercrete six times, how could it be off topic?

MMMMall wrote:

Spaceman,
I don't understand the problem.  If something has a component of papercrete, why is that off topic?
 
I for one have downloaded the information and I would like to try it and incorporate as much papercrete into it as possible.  Does papercrete have to be in a brick?  I have plans of trying to use ceramic molds for papercrete but I don't know if that will work or not.
 
Papercrete does not have just one recipe.  A lot of different  ingredients are used and papercrete is used for a lot of things.
 
My main interest is that we are using materials that would otherwise be taking up space in the landfills and using them instead of other mass produced materials.
 
Am I off topic?
Marilyn


 
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___