Tuesday, February 9, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Pappercrete with sawdust?

Thanks for the reply I figured wood would absorb water but i also figured that sawdust would be simular to papper and that while mixing it in the mixer it would be fine enough to absorb its amount of water there and release it while cureing in the cement like the papper does. afterall papper is basicly wood sawdust compacted and glued together isnt it? i am not sure I have never made papper but this is my thinking anyway. mabe if I pre soke the sawdust for a day befor using it to mix with the cement?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "samcrow" <sam@...> wrote:
>
> I have not used sawdust but I have cemented over wood. Did not work, the wood absorbs moister and cracks the concrete. Ancient method used to quarry stone like granite, drive in wooden wedge and then wet the wood. The forces are tremendous.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jnlgomes@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a good friend who has a saw mill and he has told me he can give me all the saw dust i want . Has anyone tried to make these papercrete blocks useing sawdust?
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/