Tuesday, February 9, 2010

[papercreters] sawdust



I live in an area where free sawdust is plentiful and (having no tow mixer) shredding paper is time
consuming and a hassle.   So I decided to build my wall with a sawdust/clay slip as my thermal mass
insulation core.   I used forms to tamp in the sawdust/clay mix (6.5").  Used an earthen plaster (1.5") on the inside
and a cordwood mortared veneer (5.5") on the outside, all  utilizing the philosophy to use what's at hand. 
I used a white clay/shredded paper mix to fill in the gable.  The thing I love about Natural Building is utilizing
what seems best to use with what you have available.  Papercrete, cob, strawbale, earthbags, sawdust, etc...
Picture:  sawdust/clay slip core
Pack




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___