Friday, October 16, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Re: F/C joins earthship



So you are saying that latex paint will speed up the curing process? I have found that it slows down the papercrete curing.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: robertmerrill1953@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 03:40:26 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: F/C joins earthship

 
The term "kick" is used to describe set-up time. If we have found one flaw in F/C it is the length of cure time. I found by accident that latex paint has an effect on the cure time. Whilst doing a workshop at Lost Valley we thru some discarded paint in the tow mixer. As usual we did not use it all and I simply covered it for the next days class. Imagine my surprise to find a half full tow mixer solidified the next a.m.!! I have since been using latex to cure times more reasonable and to add some moisture resistence to the mix.

Yes, F/C stands for Fibrecrete which is none other than P/C papercrete. I particularly refer to a mix that utilizes emulsified fibre, portland cement, lime, clay, and sand. It gives me the non-shrink material necessary for the plastering of bare strawbales.

No, there is never such a thing as a stupid question...... maybe some dumb answers though?! hahaha




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___