Saturday, October 17, 2009

RE: [papercreters] PC Video



Sorry, I haven't gotten them out of the camera yet. Lots going on this week. I'll get them up soon. thanks for asking. I am hoping to finish the walls this weekend but for some reason am not getting to it. It'll get done I'm sure.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: dorisburton03@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 10:47:35 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] PC Video

 

Judith where are the updated pictures of your walls ?
Doris 

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:
 
Thanks for doing that video and posting it.

I need to clarify the the reason the walls are going up so fast is that I am using a combination slip form and block method. I had so many blocks around I thought it would be a good idea to lay them in the form over the slurry then pour slurry on top of them and around them. This is a very fast way to put a wall up, requiring much less slurry.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me




To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:59:36 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] PC Video


 
As I've said before, I have only made about four blocks, ever. Not counting the six or eight made when experimenting with mortarless keyed blocks, which wasn't worth the effort. I like slip form and spraying. Last I heard Judith is up to the top of her doors now, almost done in less than a month. Much faster than blocks, and you can make curved forms without problems if you want curved walls. IMHO blocks are more effort with no real benefit.

spaceman

T Phillips wrote:
Holy Cow, is that fast! I value the flexibility that making blocks gives, but there is certainly something to be said for covering that much wall in one fell swoop. Thanks for the clip!
Tina in Colorado


From: Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, October 16, 2009 4:02:18 PM
Subject: [papercreters] PC Video

 
I finally edited and uploaded the one video I took at Judith's place. This is the first dump into her form, mixed in Lex's mixer. Though the default format is X view 3d, you can change that in a selection box just below the video to whatever format you want, including 2D by selecting just the right or left chip.
http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=YZZTzske- yI
It's still processing, but hopefully will be ready by the time you click  : )

spaceman





No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.421 / Virus Database: 270.14.20/2440 - Release Date: 10/16/09 06:32:00









__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___