Sunday, October 11, 2009

RE: [papercreters] paper weight estimate



Yes they may very well weigh more than a sack of cement. I really couldn't guess at the weight because I was hoisting it into the back of the truck with someone helping (or maybe I was the one helping).

Some who have helped me say they think the bales weigh about 125 lbs. So if I use 7 bales that's 825 lbs. So far this little building hasn't cost much. I think about $150 for lumber, $50 for cement, $35 for perlite. I don't anticipate spending much more.


Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:27:51 -0600
Subject: [papercreters] paper weight estimate

 
Would you say those bales weigh more than a sack of portland cement? I didn't try to pick one up so
couldn't guess.

spaceman

- Judith wrote:

I have been getting my bales of cardboard from behind Walgreens. They alway=
s have a lot of them out there. I need someone to help me get it into the t=
ruck because it's just a little too heavy for me. I like the bales because =
they're easy to get and you really get a lot of cardboard. When I used to g=
et newspapers from the New Mexican it was a big deal to load them all into =
the truck and then make sure they didn't blow out then unload them all. If =
it's just s tiny bit windy forget it.=20

I have been soaking the cardboard for anywhere from 1 hour to several days.=
They mulch up well and make a very nice mix. The combination of using bloc=
ks in the slip forms is really great. The walls look so nice and the work g=
oes fast. And I'm using up a lot of old blocks I have around. I have to cut=
them to 12" width to fit between the forms but that goes pretty fast with =
the table saw.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
  



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___