Friday, October 2, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Bob's stones and blocks photos



bob i was looking at your t  lok form and really liked the system,what is your mix design with the red clay bed material? i have alot of gypsum availible under the ground i will build on but im researching weather i can use it since it retards the set time of the portland .anyway i think your system is producing an awesome wall.
                             thanks , Andy Hunter    
                                          Harper Texas


--- On Thu, 10/1/09, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [papercreters] Bob's stones and blocks photos
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 12:40 PM

 

I have not finished making all my stones yet, it still a work in progress. I was like you, hoping to apply them directly to my OSB and by passing the metal lath, but I'm not sure that will work. I think I will end up putting chicken wire directly over the OSB with no black paper. I will first seal the OSB with scrap Oil based paint, this will serve the same purpose as black paper maybe even better because the cement/sand mixture will adhere directly to the OSB and not the black paper. The plastic walk maker forms work good to make small stones, but if you want to use larger stones (which I do) just cover a stone of your choice (artifical or natural) with suran wrap and apply a coat of papercrete  on to it ( I build a wood form around the stone and fill it full of papercrete, that gives me a flat bottom for my form) when its dry enough I turn it over and remove the stone and suran wrap, after it is completly dry, I cover the inside of the mold with more suran wrap and pack papercrete inside, when it's dry enough I just pick up the corners of the suran wrap and the new stone comes out just great. I have played around with adding color into the mixture and it works pretty good, I've added color inside the suran wrap and it don't work very well, I've tossed in a little sand on top of the suran wrap before I pack in the papercrete, and that works good,  I have a sorce of  metal filings and I think they will work good as well, when they start to rust I'll get some nice natural colors, if you come up with any better ways let me know.

 

Bob The Builder

 

--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "n2art25" <n2art25@...> wrote:

 Hi all,
 
I have been playing with the idea of making pc stones to use on my house, like the faux stones you can buy at Lowes. Bob, where did you use your stones you made using the form? Could they be used on the side of a house? I can not afford to buy the product at Lowes as they are quite costly. I do have alot of stone around my property but my back would not hold up to that. I'm thinking seriously of making some and trying to color like natural stone and prep side with osb, black paper, chicken wire....I think you prep like stucco. This seems costly.... Does anyone have any ideas? My siding now is ugly vinyl siding.
I would have loved to been at the gathering but am busy teaching art in Oklahoma.
 
Annalis




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___