Saturday, October 10, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Great Looking Photos



papercrete pictures7

Ron if you will notice they are infilling treated phone or electrical line poles, looks like every 8'. These probably will be termite proof, and is a lot faster than trying to pour concrete ones. I really like the way the round corners are working out. I would only do one thing different, I would drill rebar pins into the columns every 2'  in order to tye the wall to the columns, but it may not be necessary the way they are rounding the wall around the column. In my case of pouring PC against a brick wall, I did pin it ever 16" and now I'm glad I did because after the PC got really dry it cracked away from the brick a little and that would have scared me had I not known it was pinned and could not fall out. These guys are an inspiration to us all, hope they make their December deadline.

Bob the builder.

 In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@...> wrote:

 Hi All,
 As I look at Doris and Ron's pictures, I see why they put the posts in first so the roof could go on and cover the work in progress on the wall. I think this is brilliant and got to wondering if this 12" post was overkill. If there is rebar and wire in the column, could it be smaller, say 6" diameter with rebar, still hold up the roof or top plate/beam and be completely inside the wall? I do like the rounded corners but if these columns were spaced 8' to 10' apart and hidden inside the wall it would seem to satisfy even the peskiest building inspectors. They need not be all concrete but rather a 1.5 concrete to 1 paper/cardboard mix would suffice.
 
Doris, you are going to have to tell us what you did behind the electrical boxes we see in one of the photos. Did you run conduit behind them in the PC? How many pieces of rebar did you put in each column? Are your columns PC or concrete?
 
You guys are awesome keep us updated.
 
Ron



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___