Saturday, August 1, 2009

Re: [papercreters] P.S. Plastic wrap for mold



I will look for that in the morning.  Thanks for sharing!

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <criswells.ok@...> wrote:


 Perry! Thanks so much for the plastic wrap idea. I used it inside my
 papercrete mold and it worked great. Like I thought it does create
 wrinkles and also some little air pockets, but for stones or bricks it
 will work great. Saves a lot of time and hassle of drying and removing
 the stone from the mold. All I had to do to remove it, was just turn it
 over on its back and the plastic wraped stone slipped right out. Now I
 can do a assemblyline and really start to turn out stones.
 
Thanks again
 
Bob the builder
 
P.S. I didn't use a plastic bag, I used that stuff you wrap up multiple
 boxes on a shipping skid.

P.S. I POSTED PICTURES OF THE MOLD(S) AND THE NEWLY POURED STONE.  The other molds I pictured are other molds that I made of stones using 10w30 motor oil as a release agent on the original stone (it didn't work) I had to force the original stones out of the papercrete and broke the papercrete mold doing so. It even happened on the first one and I was able to repair that mold with just carpenters glue. I will repair the other two the same way and using your plastic wrap idea they should last a very long time.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___