Friday, August 7, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: DRIVE VS FLY for papercrete meeting



Yes, of course I will do everything in my power to help but I do think that people talkiing though the list is of great value too as a way to get connected! Ev

 
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM, slurryguy <slurryguy@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

My understanding is that Ev was going to do her best to help coordinate carpooling. I'm just guessing, but I'd guess she will do her very best to get people in contact with each other for rides to/from Abiquiu from/to the ABQ airport.

I think the best thing to do is make certain Ev is aware of your desire to share a ride, and give her your itinerary, and she can help put travelers in contact with each other.

It's also possible that someone driving from... say Phoenix, or Tucson might be passing through Albequerque on their way to Abiquiu. Some of those individuals might be willing to make a stop along the way at the ABQ airport and give someone a ride. Who knows?

I don't think Ev can guarantee a ride connection for everyone, but I'm confident that she will do her best to help everyone the best that she can.

Long story short.

Contact Ev with your ride sharing concerns.
evelynanne8@gmail.com

Hopefully Ev will post in this thread and confirm what I've gotten right, and correct what I've gotten wrong in my post.



--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Charmaine Taylor <dirtcheapbuilderbooks@...> wrote:
>
> HI All- am really Jazzed about the upcoming PC splash event at
> Judith's in Abiququ NM...
>
> If I fly I will not be able to pick up people as if I drove the 3
> days to the event. The thot of 3 full days for 1422 miles in heat is
> really offputting!! PLUS 3 days BACK to get home.
>
> Even with amiable company along the way ( road trip!! and telling wild
> PC tales along the way!) I may chicken out, and opt for flying.
>
> Are any others flying? can we arrange a meet up at the (main/
> closest) airport to share a rental car for driving, or arrange to get
> picked up? is it ALbuquerque Airport?
>
> It may be cheaper all around for everyone if we rented a motel for the
> night, per person, rather than EACH RENTING A CAR, then just wait for
> the next few to arrive, and group up in one rental SUV or larger
> car/van?
>
> it sounds like the drive TO Judiths is long and narrow/windy and not
> fun for anyone volunteering to COME BACK to the airport to pick up
> others who fly in, plus the scheduling can be a nightmare.
>
> Anyone know if BUS service is avail to nearby her place? this would
> be a shorter run to get someone who arrives later. I can mapquest
> and search only so much.. so if anyone doent mind sharing HERE, even
> if it is off topic.. that may help us all!
>
>
> --
> Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
> Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632
> www.dirtcheapbuilder.com www. papercrete.com
> PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
>




--
Chinese herbals for the Western Mind
www.ozbotanicals.com
Skype~eve8mon




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___