Friday, August 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: great source for paper




 im just experimenting BTW what are the ratios for paper/cement/water
 and also for fiberdobe paper/mud/water
 unclejoe (okla)


 Where bouts you in Oklahoma? If you will look into the photo section under "Bob's Siding & Blocks" you will see my "T Lox Blox" form and blox. To fill the form I use:

  • 6 gal wet paper pulp (mostly office paper shredded + cardboard when I can get it)
  • 4 gal red clay (see my photo section for the 15 cu yd pile)
  • 2 gal Portland Cement

I use two methods of pulping and mixing, I pulp the paper, I then scoop out 6 gal wet paper pulp and put it into a 8 gallon plastic container, I add the 2 gals portland cement and mix with the same drill and mixing blade that I pulped with, I then add this to my electric cement mixer and at that point I add the 4 gals red clay, I let it mix really good and dump it into my wheel barrow and shovel it into my forms, I then run a viberator in the mix to take out the voids. This mix probably is not papercrete but it is "Cem-Cell Adobe" and I think it is really great stuff, sets up fast and has very little shrinkage.

Bob the builder



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___