Monday, August 3, 2009

[papercreters] Re: take a beat..walk in beauty

Ms. Taylor,

I live surrounded by jungle in Puerto Vallarta. Your musings made my day! The next time I see a flock of parrots go by, I'm going to do my best to share a smile with you as well.

Yours,

Todd
>
> I wanted to share a magical moment- one of simple pleasure, it cost
> nothing, and I want to pass it on. We have such busy, hectic, frantic
> lives, with gloom overhead in the economy, wars, and famine, ...we
> need to find peace DAILY in the small things to have the strength to
> go on.
> ++++++++++++++++
>
> This morning I decided to sit at the kitchen table with my coffee, in
> the "guest" seat, and look out the East window to the in-bloom
> butterfly bush-- deep purple, sweet smelling flower cones bob gently
> in a breeze.
>
> I am rewarded with the local hummingbirds who come to seek nectar
> from the flowers.. they burn so much energy, and are the fiercest
> fighters in the bird kingdom. they will fight ANY other hummer who
> comes into their known territory.. they will awake early and fly
> around the outside of their territiry, and drink ALL the flowers of
> their nectar..so any trespassers get nothing, and fly away, They
> then continue inward.. and eat all day from the beauty of nature.
>
> One of the MOST magical , but simple moments of my life happened when
> I was watering a tree with a garden hose at this home where I live
> now. . The water was arced high in the afternoon light, glittering,
> clear, very peaceful, not very efficient way to water, but I was
> enjoying seeing the water arc, the local hummingbird- with shimmery
> green irridescence flew up, excitedly, and danced back and forth in
> the air at the wonder of the water he was seeing. He could not
> understand it, he flew forward, and stuck his head and beak into the
> water stream, the darted back, hovered, and darted in again. It was a
> waterfall to him! I stood as still as possible, watching the clear
> droplets fall, and let him play as long as he wanted in the
> waterfall... then he drank his fill, I think, sated his curiosity,
> and flew away.
>
> I think we all need to hear of a little beauty in our overly busy lives.
>
> now go slap some slurry,and solve the world's problems.
> --
> Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
> Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632
> www.dirtcheapbuilder.com www. papercrete.com
> PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/