Saturday, August 15, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Mixer blade




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:

 The sharpness you need in your mixer blade will tend to affect how efficiently your mixer operates. The duller your blade, the more time it will tend to take to pulp everything up. It also may take more power.
 
My mixing paddle is not sharp at all, I'm posting a close up view of it, it is not a very good picture, I'll get another one up later. It is stainless steel, the wings actually hang vertical when it is clean and has no paint or plaster/morter on it. It opens up when it starts to spin and it has holes in the wings about two per wing. I actually run it up and down on the sides of the bucket to scrape everything into the mix.

The Mixing Paddle

It does an great job of turning the paper into what looks like oatmeal using only a 1/2 inch drill, the drill never over works and gets hot like some paddles I've used. I bought it years ago when I was doing a lot of drywall texturing, I think I spent $75.00 for it but it is well worth every penny, has saved me a lot of drills.

Bob the builder



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___