Sunday, August 16, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Electric mixers with papercrete



Laura, I thought about this little adventure you had today and thought that possibility it could be put on a sort of little trailer, get rid of the current wheels and bolt it to a board with rubber tires (like small lawn mower tires or wheel barrow tires), attach a strong rope to two corners on one side of the board so it could be pulled  would that work? I'm not sure I'm getting the picture across and this could be way off base! Then I read your message again and saw that the flywheel broke......bummer! I don't have a clue about that.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Laura <lauranfriends@yahoo.com> wrote:
 
now a long story cut short;
Last Fall I bought a cement mixer, an old cast iron heavy momma... well I really wanted a plastic on so that I could move it around easier... but the guy at my "day job" who sold me it went on and on how much better it was to have a bit more sustantial equipment to do the job... so I bought it, he delivered it... and it sat and sat... so last week I said now I am gonna use it... went to move it and it only has 2 little wheels and awkward, I put my dolly under the other side to move it... well... it moved a few feet, then in the dirt it got stuck and I pushed a bit more... oh yeah was over 100 here in texas while doing this... and boom down and over the mixer went, breaking the fly wheel and after several attempts to stand it up right I can not ... ugh.. even got my little truck to try to pull it up...nah no way... so I pulled it over to the side of broken dreams... lesson to the story... know the limits of you... I know that at 20 I could not pick that cement mixer up and no way at 53... sure now I'll just go back to using the wheel barrow and shovel... till I find out where to get those niffty paddles like "Bob" <criswells.ok> has; to mix up some slurry... with my northern tool cheapo hammer drill, I know 5 gal buckets are lighter!






__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___