Friday, August 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: great source for paper



P.S. I add no additional water, just what ever water is in the wet pulp paper.

 Where bouts you in Oklahoma?

If you will look into the photo section under "Bob's Siding & Blocks" you will see my "T Lox Blox" form and  blox. To fill the form I use:

6 gal wet paper pulp (mostly office paper shredded + cardboard when
 I can get it)

 4 gal red clay (see my photo section for the 15 cu yd pile)


 2 gal Portland Cement
 
I use two methods of pulping and mixing, I pulp the paper, I then scoop
 out 6 gal wet paper pulp and put it into a 8 gallon plastic container, I
 add the 2 gals portland cement and mix with the same drill and mixing
 blade that I pulped with, I then add this to my electric cement mixer
 and at that point I add the 4 gals red clay, I let it mix really good
 and dump it into my wheel barrow and shovel it into my forms, I then run
 a viberator in the mix to take out the voids. This mix probably is not
 papercrete but it is "Cem-Cell Adobe" and I think it is really great
 stuff, sets up fast and has very little shrinkage.
 
Bob the builder



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___