Saturday, August 1, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Plastic wrap for mold



Very good to know.  Sounds to me like the creases and pockets might add enough indivualistic qualities that may be favorable when you line them up next to each other.  Thats the same premise as manufactured "used" bricks versus brand new identical copies.    Anyway this is good for you but probably bad for my idea.  I figured on making a papercrete guitar.   Don't think creases would look all that good ;)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 


Perry! Thanks so much for the plastic wrap idea. I used it inside my
papercrete mold and it worked great. Like I thought it does create
wrinkles and also some little air pockets, but for stones or bricks it
will work great. Saves a lot of time and hassle of drying and removing
the stone from the mold. All I had to do to remove it, was just turn it
over on its back and the plastic wraped stone slipped right out. Now I
can do a assemblyline and really start to turn out stones.

Thanks again

Bob the builder

P.S. I didn't use a plastic bag, I used that stuff you wrap up multiple
boxes on a shipping skid.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___