Saturday, September 8, 2007

Re: [papercreters] flammability

Judith, UNM is a big place.   I need to know where I would be going.
Did Barry Fuller give you any details about how he came by the price information or where to go?
 
Neal
 
----- Original Message -----

Wonderful. I'm still trying to decide to try to get my as-built permitted. The more info I have the easier the decision. Thanks and keep us posted.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: sire@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:53:58 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] flammability

I live near UNM so could go over and check it out.
 
 
----- Original Message -----
 

Barry Fuller emailed me recently about testing papercrete for the purpose of codes and such things. He says testing can be done at UNM for about $250. He didn't specify what testing but at least we know they do something useful to papercreters there. I would suggest you go to livinginpaper.com and ask Barry. He's very good about returning emails and sharing information.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: sklarm-yahoo@screwdecaf.cx
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:30:58 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] flammability

Doing a flammability test (even just a video) seems like a reasonable solution if no lab data can be obtained. I will propose it.

On Sep 6, 2007, at 4:30 PM, Spaceman wrote:

I have never seen any lab reports on papercrete smoldering, just strength tests. Why not take a pc panel and a 2x4 and drywall panel, and a torch, and do the test, maybe in his presence? He's a state inspector, right? Did he give you an idea of what he would consider acceptable "lab data"? Maybe something from NMSU would satisfy him.

Spaceman

Mikey Sklar wrote:
Does anyone have "official"  flammability data for papercrete? I have   been asked by my building inspector to present lab data for   flammability. Ideally I would see this as a mix chart of sand/clay/  cement/borons to paper ratios.  I see plenty of web pages showing the   1:1 ratio of paper to cement will smolder. Even more stating the 1:4   ratio of paper to cement will not burn. I am just looking for   something to take away liability from my building inspector.      Yahoo! Groups Links  *> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/  *> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  *> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  *> To change settings via email:     mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com      mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  *> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  *> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/       





Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!



Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___