Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: My Foam house

Nelda, did you tell the buy at HD what your specs were?
5000psi commercial grade concrete is seldom used for
residential construction, especially one story work.  
 
You are paying and using more than you need to.
 
Neal
 
----- Original Message -----

Oh SG,
Don't worry...LOL we are only pouring one section a day. the wood is
pro-wood (Treated), and being left in. It will form part of the pattern.

my problem which we found out today... was the I did not have nearly enough
cement.. (5,000psi)

I had told the guy at home depot what the space was and he did the math.. I
never checked... (My Fault) and I only had 50 80 lbs bags.. I need 120 more
to do the job... so I'll get the 120 bags on the 1st and Tom and I will
finish it... I'm using a dye called leather it is a brown, not tan / not
red... WE sprinkled it on, and sweep it to the left which gives it steaked
appearance. We then used a pattern cutter and although it looks good will be
much better after the additional colors are added to give the cement floor a
sort of marbled effect. the area between the flag stone patterns will either
be painted a dark gray or a light color for a groute look.

It is the only artistic thing I've done so far... I have no idea what colors
will be used on the walls or anything. So the floor needed to be nutral to
fit in...

Anyway, Thank you for the encouragement... WE will pour two more sections
this week then I'll take pictures... and we will push to finish after the
first as the mixer must be returned by the 6th... So God willin and the
creek don't rise..... the floor will be done by the 7th....

then I'll give it a month to set no walking no weight on it... then the
wall framing will start...

Thank you
Nelda

Nelda's websites -
http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it
holds the universe together.

__________________________________________________________
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507

__._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___