Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: My Foam house

Hi Neal,
That is the sad part, Yes, I told him... the size is 16 X 36... and the
depth is 4 inches, just looking at it I should have known... I mean I have
poured before just much smaller areas..

Tom, the guy helping me, told me the same thing today.. he said he didn't
realise I had gotten a 5000 psi formual.. LOL "Oh well you learn as you
go..." I'm getting 120 bags of 3000 psi readymix on the 1st... That should
finish it up...

Thnks for the info...

Nelda

Nelda's websites -

http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it
holds the universe together.


----Original Message Follows----
From: "Neal Chabot" <sire@comcast.net>
Reply-To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
To: <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: My Foam house
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:11:26 -0600

Nelda, did you tell the buy at HD what your specs were?
5000psi commercial grade concrete is seldom used for
residential construction, especially one story work.

You are paying and using more than you need to.

Neal

----- Original Message -----


Oh SG,
Don't worry...LOL we are only pouring one section a day. the wood is
pro-wood (Treated), and being left in. It will form part of the pattern.

my problem which we found out today... was the I did not have nearly
enough
cement.. (5,000psi)

I had told the guy at home depot what the space was and he did the math..
I
never checked... (My Fault) and I only had 50 80 lbs bags.. I need 120
more
to do the job... so I'll get the 120 bags on the 1st and Tom and I will
finish it... I'm using a dye called leather it is a brown, not tan / not
red... WE sprinkled it on, and sweep it to the left which gives it
steaked
appearance. We then used a pattern cutter and although it looks good will
be
much better after the additional colors are added to give the cement
floor a
sort of marbled effect. the area between the flag stone patterns will
either
be painted a dark gray or a light color for a groute look.

It is the only artistic thing I've done so far... I have no idea what
colors
will be used on the walls or anything. So the floor needed to be nutral
to
fit in...

Anyway, Thank you for the encouragement... WE will pour two more sections
this week then I'll take pictures... and we will push to finish after the
first as the mixer must be returned by the 6th... So God willin and the
creek don't rise..... the floor will be done by the 7th....

then I'll give it a month to set no walking no weight on it... then the
wall framing will start...

Thank you
Nelda

Nelda's websites -

http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and
it
holds the universe together.

__________________________________________________________

http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507

_________________________________________________________________
http://newlivehotmail.com


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/