Friday, July 6, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: cement in PC

Welcome, Bons. Borax is a common ingredient in PC, too. I watched a millipede crawl onto fresh pc, and then he popped and came all apart. I've read that the borax causes gas and bugs can't burp so they pop.

Spaceman

Bons wrote:

Hi, I am new to your list and have been reading for a few days. 
 
I do know that when using flour or bread for mixture, if you add Borax to your mixture it will keep critters out.  I have seen it used in bread dough dolls, some of which I have had for years and no critters.
 
Nice to meet all of you.
 
Someone invited me to join your list, but I have no idea who it was or why.  I am enjoying it so far and must get to the archives and videos.
 
 
Bontie 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Spaceman
Date: 7/6/2007 3:48:49 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: cement in PC
 
Nice links, Ernie. I noticed that flour paste was listed as great for paper. I don't think I would want a flour mix because of its attraction to critters, but maybe with a lot of salt similar to the salt dough that modelers use we could develop some play dough consistency "playpercrete".

Spaceman


Ernie Phelps wrote:
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Stone Tool <owly@...> wrote:   
What natural materials dry into "glue"?                         Howard     



Free Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.0/886 - Release Date: 7/4/2007 1:40 PM

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS
Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators

of Yahoo! Groups.

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Yahoo! Groups

Join a yoga group

and take the stress

out of your life.

.

__,_._,___