Sunday, July 8, 2007

[papercreters] Re: sculpture

Peat is used in Hypertufa, because it weathers away nicely leaving
the trough porous and looking quite aged. That's why, unless it is
sealed, it won't hold water, is not good for say - fountains, or
birdbaths. You can put feed for animals in the troughs, and if it
rained, the water would seep thru, leaving the feed 'not swimming in
water'. It is lightweight, you can put seal coats on, but for a
house? I don't think I'd add peat to my mix.
Just my opinion, I haven't built a home with it!
Marcia

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Neal Chabot" <sire@...> wrote:
>
> At this hypertufa forum peat moss is a staple ingredient in almost
every mixture. Alas nothing is said about why this is so and what
reasons there are for its inclusion. It might also be good in
papercrete. About all that I have found is that peat moss has very
good insulative properties and has been used for that purpose in
building. Does anyone else know why this would be good in the mix?
>
> Neal
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Terry
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:33 AM
> Subject: [papercreters] sculpture
>
>
>
> That was a good link to the garden web forum, the post on
papercrete sculpture. I looked around the site a bit and found a
very detailed post on using papercrete for sculpting -
>
>
>
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hypertufa/msg1019075321017.h
tml?40
>
> In this person's work he is not using waste paper as we do in
papercrete:
>
> Paper fiber (I buy the paper insulation that is used to be blown
into attics) I think they call it cellulose insulation. You can get
from Lowes. It is already shredded.
>
>
> If anyone's posted this link already I apologize, my Outlook was
damaged by a virus and I've been having email problems.
>
> Terry
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals

w/ Real Food lovers.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

.

__,_._,___