Wednesday, July 25, 2007

[papercreters] Re: My Foam house

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Alfred E. Newman"
<Alfred_e_slurryguy@...> writes:

What? Me Worry?

She's faster than a speeding mixer.
More powerful than a pile of pea gravel.
Able to construct foam buildings in a single bound.

Look! Up on the hill!
She's a do-it-yourself builder. She's a do-it-yourself architect.
It's Super Nelda!!!!


How could I possibly worry when a superhero like that is on the case!

:)

heh heh heh

Have Fun!


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Nelda Percival"
<nelda_percival@...> wrote:
>
> Oh SG,
> Don't worry...LOL we are only pouring one section a day. the wood
is
> pro-wood (Treated), and being left in. It will form part of the
pattern.
>
> my problem which we found out today... was the I did not have
nearly enough
> cement.. (5,000psi)
>
> I had told the guy at home depot what the space was and he did the
math.. I
> never checked... (My Fault) and I only had 50 80 lbs bags.. I need
120 more
> to do the job... so I'll get the 120 bags on the 1st and Tom and I
will
> finish it... I'm using a dye called leather it is a brown, not
tan / not
> red... WE sprinkled it on, and sweep it to the left which gives it
steaked
> appearance. We then used a pattern cutter and although it looks
good will be
> much better after the additional colors are added to give the
cement floor a
> sort of marbled effect. the area between the flag stone patterns
will either
> be painted a dark gray or a light color for a groute look.
>
> It is the only artistic thing I've done so far... I have no idea
what colors
> will be used on the walls or anything. So the floor needed to be
nutral to
> fit in...
>
> Anyway, Thank you for the encouragement... WE will pour two more
sections
> this week then I'll take pictures... and we will push to finish
after the
> first as the mixer must be returned by the 6th... So God willin and
the
> creek don't rise..... the floor will be done by the 7th....
>
>
> then I'll give it a month to set no walking no weight on it...
then the
> wall framing will start...
>
> Thank you
> Nelda
>
> Nelda's websites -
> http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/
> Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side,
and it
> holds the universe together.
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-
us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/