Thursday, November 11, 2010

[papercreters] reflective foil [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS included below]

I read somewhere (and I may have posed this to the group before) that you could increase the retention of heat in a room by putting something reflective on the ceiling. Does anyone know anything about this? It seems to me that the claim was made that 70% of the heat can be reflected back into the room.

I just finished the ceiling/roof on one of my buildings and did put up some of that bubble wrap foil insulation that comes in a roll. I needed some thing there anyway and thought even if only a little heat was retained it would be worth it. I think paid about $100 for 2 rolls of the stuff.

It looks pretty good to me. I put about 5 inches of papercrete on top. It is very rigid and strong. I used a whole bag of cement in stead of the usual 1/2 bag.

The Making of Papercrete DVD now available on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Papercrete-Judith-Williams/dp/B0040ZNE9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1283998627&sr=8-1

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS

2 of 2 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___