Saturday, November 13, 2010

[papercreters] Hessian- burlap- Mortar sprayer holder [3 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from Charmaine Taylor included below]

  but after some googling I found this kindred soul! 
http://annesley.wordpress.com/burlap-crete-explained/
Who not only describes a modern version of petrified hessian but is using it to build with right now.


++++++++++++

-Sasha that is so funny-- I JUST posted his links to this group   3 days ago!!  you missed it... that guy is doing some amazing work.. and my favorite but is where he invented the Tirolessa carrier... I know Nolan  Shield  of mortarsprayer.com who  builds and sells the  sprayers for the last few  years. 

I have two of them sitting in my studio, but no pressure tank yet to use them, will rent one. The sell for $250 + ship, and are  very popular in the Straw Bale   world with putting on plasters. the BEST part of this tool to most is that you dont need to hand trowel the layers-- you just spray along,&  the bumpiness of the mix, as it hardens,  is the "tooth" to hold the next layer, so 3 coat plasters go up fast and you SAVE your arm for the LAST creative layer-- most people wear out!!  they never get to layer 3, and NO ONE likes to stoop & kneel to hand apply plaster at the base level, hardest work of all, and hardest on your wrist and arm.   with the  mortar sprayer you just bend a little and shoot, or get the shortest person or a strong kid to do the bottom 3 ft

 Nolan and I  talked about this " holding a sprayer for hours"  issue when I complained as a female I could not lift that thing full of slurry  for very long ( I was using lime plaster, and clay slip)   so  besides telling me to "cowboy up"  I looked at having a' suspension  thingy 'that a person would  either  have on Wheels  at their side to tag along, OR  to wear to hold the weight of the full hopper... and amazingly John Annesley  invented one all by hisself-- showing there are many minds working on these ideas. 
 John used a stripped bak pack frame- keeping the straps and hung a pole off the back over his head, and hung bungie cords to "hold" the arm of the  sprayer... so f**ing cool!-   and I JUST gave away a bakpack frame last week on freecycle..dang!! photo attached

Second PLEASE  visit the site of Michael Collins, he is a crazy artist who did a 700 running ft fence of  burlap he sewed together across  metal  posts with  some chicken wire at the Bodega Bay Inn in N CA.   He also used a Tirolessa sprayer to get'er'done-- He used much more cement in the mix, and very little paper.  

 www.biotectures.com   scroll around to the  pages to see large CAST PC blocks that look like  ruins and  little stonehenges,  so much you can do with various PC recipies!!  ( I have the entire  project plus others I took photos of on my  All About Papercrete CD Guide  on my website.
The photo of the gates are  pc covered burlap, taut over a rebar crooked circle, and hand painted with cement pigments


Charmaine Taylor Publishing
www.papercrete.com
 

Attachment(s) from Charmaine Taylor

3 of 3 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___