Tuesday, November 16, 2010

[papercreters] fabric, and walls [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Charmaine Taylor included below]

Teresea I sent two pics yesterday of that wall, just look at the last  PC emails with attachments.


Mikes website was posted too:
www.biotectures.com  scroll around to see his work, like Annesley, he does some cool stuff.

and I have used fabric starch with fabric to cover walls decoratively, in this use it takes too much time to  apply starch, faster to just USE a different medium, this is why I share what I did, to save others time by listing all the  materials used, and how they worked..

I enjoy experimenting, so if someone WANTED to dip fabric in starch, ( the  mix that works well is 50 water/50 starch in a pail, then dip the whole fabric length)  then tack it up on studs. 

I had a dark painted kitchen  cupboards in an old farm house, so I used the  fabric starch trick to cover them, and it was a cheap and  festive way to  perk up the room without making the landlady mad. ( she got upset I built a   cob/papercrete bench in the garden area, and made me knock it down when I moved...mean.  this bench is on rubblestone, and many different papercrete mixes were tested, I never got to  lime plaster it before  I moved )


So fabric   can work, and starch stiffens the  fabric. but the sawdust will still bow out as it settles down.  easier to just use cardboard, or ply if you have it- cheap fast, stronger.

--
Charmaine Taylor Publishing
www.papercrete.com
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com

Attachment(s) from Charmaine Taylor

1 of 1 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___