Thursday, February 28, 2013

[papercreters] Slow but sure

Thanks Jay and Tina for the kind words. I truly love PC, when I was
working for the City of Sayre, I used it on several of my building
project for them. It is truly an amazing product, to be able to form it
into walls, compress it into blocks, pour it into stones, apply it as
stucco, use it as mortor to adhere blocks or stones or spray it through
a hopper. No other product I've ever heard of can do all that.

My enclouser wall was poured 12" thick, my stones are at least 2 to 2
1/2 inches thick, they are applyed to both sides of the wall making the
wall at least 16" thick. During our last blizzard, we received 4' drifts
up banked up against that wall and I contintued to work on the inside of
my wall laying stones, keep in mind the wall is in direct contact with
the weather outside. That wall was no colder than any exterior wall of
my house that is not in direct contact with the outside. The stones
stuck just as if it had been a nice warm summer day outside. The R
factor of my wall must be really high, my formula is not quite the same
as most others but I will wager that my R factor and sheer strength is
is as good as anybodys.

You will notice my electrical wire running under the stones, I forgot to
embed the wire in the wall and had the idea to just screw it to the PC
wall and cover over it with stones. It worked great and the wire will be
at least 2" deep in the finished wall, thats at least as good as a 2x4
stick framed wall.

Speaking of screwing, when I have a larger stone that I have doubts
about, I just put morter on the back and set it in place and using a 3"
screw I screw it to the PC wall. AMAZING STUFF!

Thanks again

Bob the builder




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/