Saturday, August 1, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Papercreters Pail O' Papercrete Competition. ~ Lynda Leonard Entry 4 Competition

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <criswells.ok@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Lynda L" <lynleon@> wrote:
>
> Hi Slurryguy and fellow "Papercreters",
>
> So glad to see the competition and decided to come out of lurker mode
> and share some of my recent experiments.
>
>
> Great to have you join the group and, WELCOME! WOW great stuff, you
> work pretty much the same as I do, except I have also a regular cement
> mixer, other wise I use a Fellows Shredder just like you do, (I also get
> a whole lot of other people to shred for me, such as Doctor clinics and
> City hall just to name a few) I use a drill and a mixing paddle to pulp
> up my soaked paper, I also make my molds just like you do (right now I'm
> trying to make stones as well as Santa's) I'll be posting some of my
> results later. I love to see talented artist like you interested in
> Papercrete, makes me feel more sane.
>
> Bob
>
Bob,
Thanks for your kind words. I did learn that it is not good to try to put a bubble pack envelope through the shredder, broke it, made a real mess. Had to wait awhile till I found another one on sale, but it is a finer shred and I do think I like it better than the 2" or 3" strip shred.

So far all I do is shred junk mail, newspaper ads that come in the mail, cracker/cereal boxes, and still have a pile of papers saved from when I took the paper. Amazing how much usable stuff we have in our everyday life that can be used. But I am still only making small batches at a time.

Experimenting, depending on what's available, have mixed a bit of "Rock Hard Putty" with the concrete to fill and smooth the surface. Did a lot of layering of paint and whatever to get the surface, so still need to get a mix that works without so much work to finish the surface.
Lynda / ~ljl~


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/