Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Need good advice on making my towmixer

Perhaps an alternative would to use a longer output chute on the tow mixer and place the outlet on the side instead of the back. That way you could drive next to the forms and use the chute to fill them.

Greg


From: Frank <lys623fcb@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 9, 2009 11:37:30 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Need good advice on making my towmixer

Dave,
I have one thought "if you can't raise the bridge, lower the river."
If you could dig a shallow trench for your mold, that should solve he
vehicle height problem.
Frank

--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "David Schutt" <deck_arme@. ..> wrote:
>
> I have most of my mixer finished. I used a pickup rearend and box
> steel for the frame. The problem is my tow vehicle is too low to
> drive over 2"x6" wooden block frames. I can't use any other vehicle
> and I can't buy a pickup.
>
> So, I'm thinking of using my car to tow the mixer to get the mix made.
> Then, I'm thinking of putting two fold-down caster pneumatic cart
> wheels on the front of my lengthened towmixer frame and a set of
> handles at a good height and pushing the towmixer down the line of
> plastic over the frames.
>
> My son and I are really tall and big, over 600 pounds together.
> Pushing the weight around shouldn't be a problem. The ground we are
> pouring on is hard enough to support the pneumatic casters. I was
> just wondering is anyone else has tried to make blocks this way.
>
> We bought Barry Fuller's DVDs from livinginpaper dot com. We really
> liked his "elephant truck" pour spout.
>
> BTW, we thought Fuller's DVDs were very well done and informative.
> Worth his price for the training in them. We also previously bought
> all of Mike McCain's videos from him. More great stuff!
>
> Anyway, has anyone else needed to build a combo tow&push-mixer?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___