Monday, February 9, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Need good advice on making my towmixer

Dave,
I have one thought "if you can't raise the bridge, lower the river."
If you could dig a shallow trench for your mold, that should solve he
vehicle height problem.
Frank

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "David Schutt" <deck_arme@...> wrote:
>
> I have most of my mixer finished. I used a pickup rearend and box
> steel for the frame. The problem is my tow vehicle is too low to
> drive over 2"x6" wooden block frames. I can't use any other vehicle
> and I can't buy a pickup.
>
> So, I'm thinking of using my car to tow the mixer to get the mix made.
> Then, I'm thinking of putting two fold-down caster pneumatic cart
> wheels on the front of my lengthened towmixer frame and a set of
> handles at a good height and pushing the towmixer down the line of
> plastic over the frames.
>
> My son and I are really tall and big, over 600 pounds together.
> Pushing the weight around shouldn't be a problem. The ground we are
> pouring on is hard enough to support the pneumatic casters. I was
> just wondering is anyone else has tried to make blocks this way.
>
> We bought Barry Fuller's DVDs from livinginpaper dot com. We really
> liked his "elephant truck" pour spout.
>
> BTW, we thought Fuller's DVDs were very well done and informative.
> Worth his price for the training in them. We also previously bought
> all of Mike McCain's videos from him. More great stuff!
>
> Anyway, has anyone else needed to build a combo tow&push-mixer?
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/