Saturday, February 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Structural Insulated Panels

I can not answer that question at the present time as I have not tried the steam as of yet, I'm only guessing at this point about what my actual formula will be. I was using the 50/50 ratio idea because of no water in the mix, other than about a gallon or less of steam to activate the cement and hopefully the paper pulp will take up some of the steam as well. It would be nice if a 20/80 could be reached using steam. I.ve been thinking about the best way to add the cement to the paper pulp and have decided that when the insulation machine is churning up the pulp and sucking it down to the blower area, I think that would be the time to add the cement, that way it would get into every stream of paper pulp and the steam could be added much the same way Dave's stucco gun works, where he is adding air to the wet paper pulp I would be adding steam to the mixture of dry paper pulp and cement.

Bob


 In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Michele Marcell <michele_marcell@...> wrote:

 I have noticed that everyone seems to be using a pretty large ratio of paper to concrete.  I have been making mixes using less than 20 % of concrete for my house and they dry as hard as bags using a lot more. Is 50/50 some sort of standard?
 Michele



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___