Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Need good advice on making my towmixer

I have not tried moving a mixer that way, and mine is on blocks so I
probably won't. I see no reason that the casters won't work. Definitely
look at the balance of your mixer. That fifteen hundred pounds or so of
mix is usually pretty much centered over the axle and if the hitch heads
skyward the center of gravity shifts to the back really fast. I know
from experience that it is hard to get the hitch back down even after
half of the mix dumps out in the middle of the road. I think you might
want a weight that could be put on the tongue after the casters are down
to make sure the cog stays in front of the axle.

Spaceman

David Schutt wrote:
> So, I'm thinking of using my car to tow the mixer to get the mix made.
> Then, I'm thinking of putting two fold-down caster pneumatic cart
> wheels on the front of my lengthened towmixer frame and a set of
> handles at a good height and pushing the towmixer down the line of
> plastic over the frames.
>
> My son and I are really tall and big, over 600 pounds together.
> Pushing the weight around shouldn't be a problem. The ground we are
> pouring on is hard enough to support the pneumatic casters. I was
> just wondering is anyone else has tried to make blocks this way.
>
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/