Friday, November 6, 2009

Re: [papercreters] hello all



Hi Frank welcome
We are also new to papercreters.
Never to late to discover PC, it is one remarkable product.
My husband read and researched about papercrete for three years. Then back in December of last year we started this bedroom addition which was attached it to our excising house.
We did columns in a slip form style to hold the Hyperbolic Paraboloid roof up then we started building the PC walls up to it. I am sure you could do a two story if you allowed the weight of your roof to be held up by the columns. We did six of them, the highest one from the ground up is 14 feet.  
You can go view our pictures of what we have done so far. You can click on Photos, we are on about the fourth page in under Ron & Doris. There is also a power point presentation done by Builder Bob for us under Files where you can also see where we did the slip forming. 
 
Doris
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Frank <fxmqik@frontiernet.net> wrote:
 

Just found your group. I am starting a project and experimenting with my recently upgraded mixer which is a work in progress. I discovered PC late in life but I believe it has great potential. I am looking for Trash Pump as that seems to me to be one way to reduce the labor factor. I don't want to re-invent the wheel and many of you have more experiance than me. I want to build a 2 story casa and believe that this should be possible with PC. My major concerns are that PC will smolder to powder if ignited (a work pad that I poured was ignited by molten steel from a cutting torch and turned to dust)(I am experimenting with boric acid to deal with this problem.)and that stacking block 20ft high and puting a roof load on it will cause the the bottom blocks to compress excessivly. I am hopeing that someone in here knows a good engineer. I understand that the UofA engineering school is doing some work on PC and wonder if any of that data is available? I've been to Livinginpaper.com, and have seen Jack Husted's papercrete house in Eagar,AZ(it beautifull}
I look forward to getting to know you and feel free to ask question's and make comments. I am located in Springervklle,AZ
FiXeMQIcK




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___