Friday, November 27, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Cardbooard



Good luck on the roof, hope you have time for lots of pictures.

--- On Fri, 11/27/09, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Cardbooard
To: "papercreters papercreters" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, November 27, 2009, 5:00 PM

 
So you're thinking of putting a papercrete floor in a garage? That may work if you let it cure for a long time before driving on it. I really can't say how it would work.

My house is coming along fine. I am not working on the big one that is in the DVD but a smaller one on another lot. It's 12 x 16 and we are working this weekend to get a roof on it.

Good luck with you project.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo. com/papercreteby judith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@ yahoogroups. com
From: rayvt_me@yahoo. com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:49:28 -0800
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Cardbooard

 

Thanks Judith,

I was not sure how the papercete would hold up under the weight of our car and Toyota pickup, and I had seen no articles on using papercrete on floors and driveways, so I figured it as not being used.

I have collected a pickup rear end and looking for good deal on a 200 gallon water tank, so when spring arrives, we will have everything we need to get things moving, and before the list of honey dos get to un-manageable. ...LOL

Once again, thanks for your input.  By the way how is the progress of your home going.

Regards
Ray


From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@ hotmail.com>
To: papercreters papercreters <papercreters@ yahoogroups. com>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 7:29:31 AM
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Cardbooard

 
I switched from newspaper to cardboard when the newspaper plant locked their bins. They get money from the recycled paper and don't want anyone taking it. I started getting bales of cardboard from behind Wallgreens. I can fit 3 bales in the truck.

I like the cardboard. It's much easier to get and comes baled so it isn't blowing out of the truck. I only have to soak it for a few minutes to get it ready to mulch. It doesn't take much extra towing in the mixer to mulch it up. It mixes well with the cement and perlite, although there is a lot of plastic from the boxes, mostly tape I think. It seems to cure in about the same length of time. I like the brown color better than the gray of the newspaper. So I would say I'm very happy with the cardboard.


I would not use papercrete for a garage floor or driveway. Even if it doesn't rain a lot where you are, papercrete will break down if it gets wet and I think it would crumble.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo. com/papercreteby judith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me




To: papercreters@ yahoogroups. com
From: rayvt_me@yahoo. com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:05:07 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Cardbooard

 
Can any one tell me, if using cardboard, causes any differences one should know in construction of blocks, panels and floors. Also, wondering if anyone has set up a couple of mixers and poured (or better pumped) the papercrete like concrete into forms for walls, foundations, etc.

Also, can papercrete be used for garage floors and driveways, rather than obvious other type of yard materials (pavement, concrete,etc) .

I have checked with local food store, and they will provide as much cardboard as I want. The nice thing, paper is another story as far as supply, here in Elko, NV. The food store produce tons of cardboard a week.

Happy Thanksgiving, "May your Turkey be plump and golden brown, and the pies, cakes and cookies not find your waist line."

Ray







__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___