Thursday, November 19, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Cardboard



I have been using cardboard with good results. The addition of paper is not necessary. I find it's best to soak the cardboard before adding, even if only for a few minutes. It absorbs water quickly. I have also added it without soaking. It still works but needs more time to mulch up. I'm glad I was forced to switch to cardboard (newspapers in volume are no longer available) because I can get them closeby and they are free. I do have to have someone with me to hoist the bale into the truck but after that I'm all set. I can fit 3 bales into the back of a small truck. I must add though that cardboard boxes have a lot of plastic in them. This tends to wind around the blade but does not do any damage. I have been taking the plastic shreds and putting them into the papercrete wall.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: rayvt_me@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 01:32:55 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Cardboard

 
Could some one tell me if cardboard rather than paper, can be used. Does the use of cardboard still require the addition of paper?




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___