Thursday, November 26, 2009

[papercreters] End of life properties of papercrete

Hello All,

I am researching different papercrete mixtures and the potential use next to walling material. I did some fire testing in my backyard and was able to do some preure tests at the labrotory of my uni.

But one question still sits in my head.

I wounder of economical friendly papercrete is in the end of its life. When a building is demolished we have a large quantity of cellulose fibers locked in cement. Can this be re-used some way? I think that the cement would give a to alkali enviroment for plant growth, so the cellulose of the pc cannot be used to fertilize plants.

Where I life, the Netherlands, a large paper recycling industry is available, where paper is re-used many times before it looses its value trough shortend fibre length. ( and then is also not usable anymore for pc)

Is this different from the US. As I read that paper otherwise goes to a landfill.

I like the material allot but I cannot find any Critical statments regarding the end of life of the material.

A discussion about this would be greatly appriciated.

best regards

Chris

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/