Wednesday, October 29, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Re: tow mixer rotation

 
This is from a heavy full-size F350 Van so it should be no problem. 
 Actually in this application water is the big enemy I would think.
  Has anyone tried just pumping the Dif full of grease instead of oil? 
 I do this with my old bush mower that won't hold oil and it has been working well for several years now.
N ick 



Dummy me, I was not thinking but it would be easy enough to mount
the axle backward in the first place. Senior moment, I have a not so
new excuse.:}

I really doubt anyone will ever wear one out doing this ,that was good
to begin with. Heat and dirt are the enemies and how much are you
going to use the thing? Replacing it should be much easier than
building it the first time. One idea would be to get the differential
from a medium duty truck , 1/2 ,2 ton etc. It should eliminate any
worry about failure and it would mix a bigger load or multiple loads
at once.
The engine and drive train from a medium truck would allow you to
drive a generator and a pump as well.

I can tell you the sound is unpleasant and magnified by the square of
the distance back home.

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___