Wednesday, October 15, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Progress on the current project

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Ernie Phelps" <eepjr24@...> wrote:
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "peddler8111" <fpcharnock@> wrote:
> >
> > Will the mortar mixer mix clay as well?
>
Addendum:

I did not buy this unit new, since the $2k+ price tag was a bit
prohibitive for me. I paid $300 for it used (craigs list) and have
been gradually refurbishing it to meet my needs. So far I have maybe
$100 in it (had it 2 years or so) with an engine tune up, carb
cleaning, new plugs and one new tire (waiting on another coupon for
the other). I also fixed / rebuilt the pull start, hammered the old
mortar out and sanded and re-primed all the parts that I figured would
not be hurt by it and rewired most of the start / emergency shutoff
mechanism. It is really partly about me learning how to do all this
stuff than anything else, learning new things is a good bit of why I
got into PC in the first place.

- Ernie


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/