Thursday, July 17, 2008

[papercreters] Sound Chamber Recipe Guess -was- Re: papercreters

I agree wholeheartedly Curtis.

No material is going to be sound "proof". It's just a question of
what sound levels are acceptable to a particular person.

For me, as long as I can hear the TV, I'm good.

Others may want to be able to listen to their fingernails grow. (I
have no idea why.)

Instead of covering the walls of a room, building a small doghouse
inside a room would probably be a lot easier.

For light sleepers, I can imagine building something that acts like a
modified canopy bed that is completely encased in thick papercrete
instead of just a fabric drapery. It would still need ventilation.
That would be something that would make more sense to me. However...
I'm a schmuck that can fall asleep in a crowded room if the topics of
discussion are sufficently boring.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Stewart <dbigkahunna@...>
wrote:
>
> Methinks some of this may come down to the thickness. I have blocks
which I have put in a lot of sand and cement and others which are
basic spitball bricks. Paper water and nothing else.
> It would take a lot of study to determine which would be better for
soundproofing, but if you need something soundproffed I bet 24 inches
of what ever you have on tap will do the trick. Doors and windows????
yer on yer own.
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/