Tuesday, July 22, 2008

[papercreters] Re: test results on papercrete.net

Hi bdkcu,

Our database is in transition. You were looking at what we had hoped
would be the right place, but we will be moving in a different
direction. Nori has requested to be removed from our database
project. I thank her for her efforts.

Unfortunatly the database hasn't worked out as well as we hoped it
would. We need a system that is simple for everyone to use. I'm
confident that there is a huge quantity of information locked away in
a lot of our member's brains just waiting to get out. We simply need
an easy way to get it all pulled together. We also need a system
that is practical to manage.

You are correct. The database currently does not contain any testing
data.

I have a high desire to change the situation.

I am convinced that our recipe database and testing data needs one or
two people to take charge of collecting and presenting the data to
everyone.

I'm willing to help, but I'm barely keeping up with all the messaging
along with other issues.

The system used to store the data isn't nearly as important as the
information itself. We can easily adapt to a different system if we
have people willing to contribute. That is far and away the most
important thing.

I'm currently searching for one or two volunteers to lead our new
effort to organize our papercrete mix recipes and the testing data
about those recipes as it becomes available.

If anyone is interested, please speak up. Either reply to this
message or email me personally. We'll work out a system that makes
sense for those that will be taking care of it. This need not be
rocket science.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "bdkcu" <bdkcu@...> wrote:
>
> I've found the recipes, but no test results. Am I looking in the
> wrong place?
>
> The reason I ask, I realized that I don't have reproducability on
the
> two whole blocks I've made, so I decided that if there isn't an
> existing test result page, perhaps I could help supply one. My
> thoughts are that with uniform mixes, molds, set-up, drying, etc.,
we
> could come up with which mix works best for a given application.
>
> My starters: 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup portland cement, 2
tablespoons
> lime, and acurately weighed amounts of varied papers. Paper types
> will be 1.newspaper 2.magazine 3.manila folders 4.cardboard
> 5.white copy paper 6.50/50 (by weight) newspaper/magazine
>
> Does anyone have a paper type they'd like to use? I'm also
planning
> to use cardboard molds of the same size, one blender full of each
> mix, made one after another.
>
> If you see a flaw in the logic on this, or if there's something you
> see that could be improved or simplified, please let me know.
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/