Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Getting paper


Larry,

There are other sources of paper that would probably be easier to get and better quality.  Junk mail will contain staples, cellophane, plastic and glue -- not ideal for papercrete, and extra effort to sort the good from the bad.    Probably one of the most desirable sources is newspapers -- they need to dispose of old or unsold issues, so it would be a regular source.  Printers also have a combination of misprints and cut-offs, and are happy to have someone take them off their hands.  Another good source is companies that shred documents.

My source is a direct mail company that sends out cardstock postcards.  10-15 boxes of misprints every week.

Good luck!

Eric Randall
Fairfield, Iowa



At 11:56 AM 7/23/2008, you wrote:

Thanks to Sluryguy for this concept.

 

I am trying to arrange with my local Post Office for a steady supply of paper. Due to the "Privacy of Information Act", they are not allowed to let me have it. When I showed the manager a Papercreate block, she stated there might be a good chance that I could get the paper if I shredded it prior to taking it off the Post Office's premises.

 

The PO wants me to get a commercial shredder, and that could cost me around $500 or perhaps more.

 

Therefore "Sluryguy" came up with the idea of towing my mixer to the Post Office and using it to shred the paper on sight.

 

The mixer will be on a trailer. The rear axle has a two to one ratio, therefore when towing, the mixer blade would be turning at a horrendous speed. I could disconnect the 10 HP mixer motor and remove the mixing blade for the trip into town and return home.

 

The concept of using the mixer itself to shred the paper is defiantly something I need to look into. This could save same me quite a bit of money.

 

Any other additional input on this concept will be most appreciated.

 

Larry Arnold

 
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___