Tuesday, July 22, 2008

[papercreters] Finally did it

After months of agonizing and searching for a good used spray washer, I finally gave up on the pawnshops and flea markets. I bit the bullet and bought a Costco membership so I could buy one of these. It makes 4000 psi and pushes 3.8 gpm through a 50' hose. It came with a variety of nozzles. There was a nice one for half the price that did 3000psi and 2.8gpm, and I was tempted, but I just about always buy the best tools I can because it pays off in the long run. This one has a commercial grade Honda 13hp engine and has a good warranty. If I can wear it out in the next year they'll give me a new one  : )

Of course I did an obligatory car wash first, wasted a good five minutes doing both cars that were in the driveway. Then I grabbed a stack of newspaper and a plastic trash can, and less than 10 minutes later I had 30 gallons of the good stuff, nicely pulped.  Then I had to wash the cars again : ). If you don't put your grubbies on before making spray washer pc, you'll be wearing them before you are finished!  I think I'll devise a splatter curtain before the next session, and remember to wear a hat or bandanna,  not to forget safety glasses at all times.

Curtis, have you ever tried adding soap to your spraypercrete? Get a little foaming action going?

Spaceman
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___