Friday, July 25, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: Finally did it

Try a batch or two where you don't make it as fine and check the shrinkage. Also test it after it dries and see if it is any tougher.
My experience so far is when I dont use so much effort in making the slurry with the nozzle, it makes a tougher block with less shrinkage.

Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:

When I start working on the top, I probably will use that lift to move the dry paper and cement powder. Won't need a pump for filling the mixer, the spray washer does that, and so far it seems to be just about the right amount of water. When I left the first batch overnight before molding it, it absorbed any extra water in the can, leaving a nice thick slurry.  Posted a link to some pictures this morning...


slurryguy wrote:
I like the concept Spaceman.

I remember seeing a lift in a video of yours somewhere. It reminded me
of a host activated dumbwaiter.

Will you be using that to lift the dry paper and cement powder?

Water pumps to fill the mixer are easy enough to come by.


I look forward to hearing more about this when you get the time to work
on it. Can't wait for pictures/ videos when appropriate.



__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___