Friday, July 25, 2008

[papercreters] Flaky vs Pulpy -was- Re: Finally did it

This is interesting Curtis.

My experiences have been different, so I'd like to figure out why.

Do you have any closeup pictures of your flaky and pulpy blocks?
Were there any other differences in your papercrete mixes?

Teach me, Master Obi Wan.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Stewart <dbigkahunna@...>
wrote:
>
> Try a batch or two where you don't make it as fine and check the
shrinkage. Also test it after it dries and see if it is any tougher.
> My experience so far is when I dont use so much effort in making
the slurry with the nozzle, it makes a tougher block with less
shrinkage.
>
> Spaceman <Spaceman@...> wrote: When
I start working on the top, I probably will use that lift to move the
dry paper and cement powder. Won't need a pump for filling the mixer,
the spray washer does that, and so far it seems to be just about the
right amount of water. When I left the first batch overnight before
molding it, it absorbed any extra water in the can, leaving a nice
thick slurry. Posted a link to some pictures this morning...
>
>
> slurryguy wrote:
>
> I like the concept Spaceman.
>
> I remember seeing a lift in a video of yours somewhere. It
reminded me
> of a host activated dumbwaiter.
>
> Will you be using that to lift the dry paper and cement powder?
>
> Water pumps to fill the mixer are easy enough to come by.
>
>
> I look forward to hearing more about this when you get the time to
work
> on it. Can't wait for pictures/ videos when appropriate.
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/