Thursday, July 17, 2008

[papercreters] Re: MGO

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:
>
> I've never used it, but I admit I'm learning since the posting. lol.
> SG

> > Anyone out there got some experience with it?
> > Or good links for non-biased evaluations?
> >
> > - Ernie

Last year sometime I uploaded a copy of the patent application for
Grancrete to the files section. I just checked grancrete2.txt in the
files section and it displayed funny on my screen. Looked fine when I
did a "Save Page as...." and saved it as a text file. Worth checking out.

Per the patent application, grancrete is "a dry mix particulate
composition of a calcined oxide of Mg and/or Ca, an acid phosphate,
and fly ash or equivalent." A magnesium and/or calcium oxide
phosphate cement. Or more technically, a ceramic.

If I understand correctly "calcined oxide of Mg and/or Ca" basically
means builders lime, the stuff used to make mortar.

The patent application also lists several sources for "acid phosphate"
including the fertilizer Super Triple Phosphate (TSP).

While this might not be exactly the MgO you were referring to, I think
it is close enough to merit investigation. I have not tried grancrete
or anything else for that matter, but have always wondered how it
would work out. Read the file and you will know as much or more than I
do. And Google grancrete to see the more conventional uses.

Mike


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/