Tuesday, November 4, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Re: Ferro Cement Roofs

Hi Nick,

I’m real busy working on my greenhouse to get very involved in this discussion, but my plan to use double thin shell FC with papercrete core entails running interconnected perforated pipe in the core fir circulating dry air or CO2 for drying and possible fire extinguishing purposes.

Janosh

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nick Boersema
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:05 AM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: Ferro Cement Roofs

 

All roofs fail at some point in some way.  My concern is in putting the ferrocement skin right on the papercrete.  How do you know when you develop a leak.  Do you put many cheap moisture sensors in your roof?  If you did a sloped roof and left some attic that you could get into to check from time to time that would work also.  Or do you do a double roof with a air gap in between.

 

Don't get me wrong I would love to do this style of roof myself but I don't want to wind up with fully saturated papercrete over my head or the heads of my grandkids.

 

Nick

 

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___