Saturday, November 15, 2008

Re: [papercreters] WHOA Danny Saba

I for one still have to beg my little 839 head community to put their paper out for my yes pc use. Because other wise they drop it off on their way to town at the transfer point with mixed trash and off to the landfill it goes. Now where would you like to see it go in a wall or off to the fill, yes the transfer has a recycling station set up right next to the trash container. Guess what gets used the most it's sure not glass, paper,cans and plastic bins I look because I use the plastic and glass bins. I use my cans as heat sinks for solar heaters and I am sorry but the most tree huggest person I have ever talked is the one that turned me on to pc. She was a realist enough to know that it's a whole lot better using it in a wall then putting it in the ground which just saying that made her skin craw. SOME PEOPLE JUST WILL NOT RECYCLE. So I made it easy on them I put a 55 gal drum out on a street corner that I run by a couple of times a week for paper. I have been lucky and only get paper for the most part. What really happens most of the time kids go around and collect paper from houses and put it in the drums as shools projects. It's a win win the trees dead why waste it by knowing full well it's going to the landfill and not doing anything about it.
Ken
 

--- On Sat, 11/15/08, Forrest Charnock <fpcharnock@earthlink.net> wrote:
From: Forrest Charnock <fpcharnock@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] WHOA Danny Saba
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, November 15, 2008, 12:30 PM


No one can do everything Chris, when we have made waste paper a rare and valuable commodity we can worry about the fiber,just kidding:} .
It is always good to think outside of the box but you do have to stick your nose to the grindstone at times. There is a lot of waste paper of there.


At 07:13 PM 11/15/2008 +0000, you wrote:

I respect the point that often the best thing to do with paper is to
recycle it- Still, Don't you think we are up to far more than that?
For instance, how about research into fiber reinforced lightweight
concrete composite structures - did you not realize the fiber can come
from many sources in agriculture,(cotton lint etc.)This technology has
been around for thousands of years, still for many of us on this
website we are still learning. I hope I can speak for others when I
say you are welcome on this web site - come on and use that active
brain and help us - how about an analisis of different fiber sources
and the energy it would take to use them - stand up papercreters - let
us get down into the science of it- your thoughts all!- Clyde at www.
evesgarden.org

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___