Wednesday, July 2, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Salvaged Centrifugal Pumps -was- Re: Mixer update

Keep posting these ideas.  One of the reasons I have been stalling is because although I now have most everything for my tow mixer I don’t really like the concept of the deferential seal at the bottom of the tank and felt I could do better but just had yet to decide which way to go.  I like this latest idea very much post some pictures of these pumps if you go look at them.

 

SG I get great ideas even from your rare half back ones so keep em coming. J

 

Nick

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ElfNori
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:42 AM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Salvaged Centrifugal Pumps -was- Re: Mixer update

 

I'll do that. We do have a truck wrecking yard . . . and an auto wrecking
yard. I'll keep you posted as to my result . .

N

----- Original Message -----
From: "slurryguy" <slurryguy@yahoo.com>
To: <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:34 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Salvaged Centrifugal Pumps -was- Re: Mixer update

> My curiosity just got the best of me.
>
> I just called a local regular old automotive salvage yard.
>
> Me: "Do you have any big centrifugal pumps that big tanker trucks use
> to fill their tanks?"
>
> Salvage Yard: "Lots of them. How big?"
>
> Me: "4 Inch?"
>
> S.Y.: Got several of those sitting on the shelf
>
> Me: "6 Inch?"
>
> S.Y.: "I think we have two on the shelf, let me check."
>
> Me: "How much those things run?"
>
> S.Y.: "$50-$150 depending on the size."
>
>
>
> I suggest calling your local yards to see what they have. Keep in
> mind that this is the PUMP ONLY, no engine or moter for powering it
> will be included.
>

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___