Monday, July 7, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: newbie alert! (and thank you for being here for me)

Ah yes the blender I knew it well we had such good times, the repeated times going to different Walmarts to get replacements. Got away with it 4 times then my luck ran out, but I did get 28 batchs made of different mixes. Yes the blue smoke the smell god the smell the a-- chewing as a 5ft trucker she could chew. But I learned alot then came the 5 gal bucket and the DRILL FROM HELL there is no one handed mixing I found out. Of course I had to wrench my arm about three times to learn that I really should have watched Gump closer (stupid is as stupid does). The point is I will always feel in my heart that a blender is the way to start out just start slowwwww and know the blender is a doa from the start. It will never be any good for anything else its like putting years of use on it in days. But if you cut your paper stock up good and soak it first thats half the battle. Thats where most make the mistake starting out with a blender wet stuff first then dry. Water,prickly pear juice, soaked paper, lime, flyash, cement, sand, clay, borax, eps and or whatever your wanting to try. PC is as much about what works as it is about finding new ways to use it. Welcome enjoy, the stuff is great you can do alot things with it your path has only begun take it slow. There are tons of guys and gals on here that will help you along the way.

Ken

--- On Mon, 7/7/08, slurryguy <slurryguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: slurryguy <slurryguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: newbie alert! (and thank you for being here for me)
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 7:11 AM

Welcome bdcku,  LOL.  Yep... a Kitchen Blender is a nightmare for making papercrete.  I have a blender I got at a garage sale for a buck that I use to make  teeny tiny test batches.  I can make 2 or 3 samples about a cubic  centimeter in size in one blender load.  That's about the limit to  what the device can perform.  hehehe snipped

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___