Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Building - was Ed Conoly

There are many building contractors you can hire to do that.   They absolutely love to get paid for showing up without doing any actual "work".
 
N
 
 
-------------- Original message --------------
From: "ElfNori" <elf@elfnori.com>

We've got a local electrician who will walk a home builder through doing the electric . . . acts as a consultant.  I can manage the plumbing myself, and most of the electric, but it would rock to have someone come through and say yes, no, maybe . . . somebody I can run my plans/intentions by for soundness before I put out any $.
----- Original Message -----
 
I'm in agreement that aside from the error in judgment keeping wet papercrete blocks locked up in the house, the main problem was the people ....  those who lied and those who didn't show up.    Having been through the process myself, the most stressful and uncontrollable aspect of building is the workers who you pay to help you.   The only way to avoid that is to check references and do as much as you can yourself.
 
Neal

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___